Wednesday, November 11, 2009

What Happen?

Sorry for the recent inactivity of blogging. People have been asking me where is the Phillies post game blog? One wise reader recommended that I spend a few sentences on the Phillies then move on. Here is what the World Series comes down to in my view. The Phillies were out hit. Phillies had their chances with guys on base in game 6 and did not hit. I don't know why we left Martinez out their so long, we could all tell that he was obviously not feeling well. Also I did not see the heart from our team. There was no killer intensity. Yankees proved why they buy their team. Congrats to Yankees and with a few additions well see you next year. As far as the World Series I will leave it at that. I really wish we did not have Jamie Moyer under contract next year. I believe he is making in the range of 8 million dollars. That money could have been used to recruit a high free agent.

Bye Bye Pedro
Pedro Feliz is now officially a free agent. Feliz always played great defense, to that I will give him his due. But feliz's spot in the batting order became known as the black hole, with him Ruiz and the pitcher spot. Ruiz did hit in the end of the season and the post season though, lets hope that hitting continues. There are some pretty good names on the free agent list for 3rd baseman there as follows
Placido Polanco
Joe Crede
Mark DeRosa
Adrian Beltre
Chone Figgins
and Maybe Mike Lowell from the Redsox. My choice is Figgins he is not a home run hitter but he gets on base. He is also capable of stealing a base. (Let me know what your choice is?)

Gold Glovers
Jimmy Rollins 3rd year in Row
Shane Victorino 2nd year in a row.
One reporter said "Victorino got his for how hard he makes his defense looks than the defense he plays." I disagree with that but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Here is a complete list of NL Gold Glover's
First base: Adrian Gonzalez, San Diego
Second base: Orlando Hudson, Los Angeles
Shortstop: Jimmy Rollins, Phillies
Third base: Ryan Zimmerman, Washington
Outfielders: Shane Victorino, Phillies; Michael Bourn, Houston; Matt Kemp, Los Angeles
Catcher: Yadier Molina, St. Louis
Pitcher: Adam Wainright, St. Louis

Other Phillies Free agents are:
C - Paul Bako
2B - Miguel Cairo
3B - Pedro Feliz
OF - Matt Stairs
SP - Cliff Lee
SP - Pedro Martinez
SP - Brett Myers
RP - Scott Eyre
RP - Chan Ho Park

The Phillies have already announced they will not bring Myers back. I am on a wait and see. I want to see who we replace Myers with before I make an opinion.

Hopefully we can resign park, as he proved to be very valuable.

Cliff Lee option on his contract has already been picked up for next season. Now we have to hope he will accept a 3 or 4 year deal as usually that is all the Phillies will offer pitchers for following seasons. As Lee proved he is an ace pitcher.

Alert : According to a FoxSports.com report, the Phillies have shown preliminary interest in free-agent reliever Fernando Rodney, who went 37-for-38 in save chances with a 4.40 ERA this past season for Detroit.

The Bench: besides from Ben Francisco and Greg Dobbs, who are both under contract already, look for the Phillies to have new bench players.

I leave you with these questions to think about an answer in the comment section if you want?

Talk of Trading Cole Hamels are apparently not true, but should they consider it?

Apparently the Phillies still have some interest in Roy Halladay would you give up anyone on the current roster to get him? If so who?

What is the Phillies Biggest need to get back to the World Series?

And will the eagles ever fire Andy Reid? We have given him 10 plus years and what has he given us?


Finally I have to say R I P to the Spectrum. I got to see some of the closing shows at that place. Even though my shoes stuck to the floor everywhere in the building, I really will miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment